so I figure it's time to start talking about the actual GPT sites. this post will be about Swagbucks which is the site that I, along with many others started out with. it's fairly easy to navigate and has a lot of help sites available as well as a very active facebook page to get real time help when you want or need it.
so what do you do on Swagbucks? well, you search, play games, watch videos, take surveys, complete offers and shop too. searches are random and you can generally win on them two to four times a day. there have been rare occasions where people have gotten more but I've never done that personally. the pic to the side here is what is referred to as a "mega win" which is really any win over 10. these can happen any time but are supposed to be more common on Fridays which they've dubbed "mega swag bucks day" or MSBD.
they've also added a daily bonus meter. they give you a set amount to earn each day and if you do earn that amount then at the start of the following month you get a bonus for it. the amount of the bonus increases if you get the goal for a set amount of days straight and things like that. this is not something you are required to do but I find it fun and the extra bucks are always a welcome treat when they show up! if you complete the daily goal every day for the entire month you're usually looking at a goal of close to 600sb. that's more than enough to get a $5 gift card! the amount you are required to get changes from day to day but is always lowest on the weekend.
the new thing that Swagbucks is pushing is the rewly revamped shop and earn section. basically you click thru their link to shop at a store like walmart or drugstore.com. you will earn a certain number of sb for each dollar spent before tax and shipping costs. if you're buying online anyway, this is a very nice option! I've used it a few times. it does take just over a month to get the bucks in your account but that's to ensure you're not going to just return the items. they even have promotions where you get double or even triple the bucks for a store! how awesome is that? it's really hard to beat in my opinion!
so now you're probably wondering what types of things you're gonna be able to get with your newly earned swagbucks. well the list is pretty impressive. you can get electronic giftcards, paypal as well as physical prizes. here's a small sampling of the things you can get. awesome, right? the most popular reward seems to be the $5 amazon gift card. it's value priced at only 450sb.
so now that you know a little more, what are you waiting for? go sign up and check it out! earn some money for doing easy things you're probably doing anyway. your wallet and I'm sure your family will be thrilled!
Monday, November 12, 2012
let's take a moment to talk about what exactly a GPT site is and isn't. GPT stands for Get Paid To. the premise is really simple. you do things and you get paid in virtual currency. cool, right? well, yes it is. but there's really more to it than just do it and get paid. like, what exactly are you going to be doing. here is a small list of things you may find on GPT sites.
- searching. yes, some sites pay you to do searches.
- surveys. doing surveys can be a good way to earn points but can also be a bit of a headache.
- watching videos. this is an easy though time consuming way to earn points.
- completing offers. there are such a variety of offers available on GPT sites. from easy things like watching a video to signing up for a site or newsletter to paid subscriptions for things.
- games. many sites offer paid games.
- dailies. these vary from site to site. many sites offer a daily poll or CPC clicks. these are really easy things you can do daily for points.
- tasks. these are where you are doing certain things like tagging a business or putting things into categories or even tweeting articles. some are easy, some are mind boggling.
- coupons. many sites offer points for printing and then using coupons.
- shopping. there are several sites that have the option to shop thru them to earn points back. the amount you earn back will often vary from store to store and there's almost always a wait time on the points but it's a really nice bonus when they come.
- referrals. every site that I am aware of offers some incentive for having referrals. some it's just a little like matching search wins for a certain amount. other sites it's a percentage of all their earnings for life. some have a bonus for them joining and some for the first time they cash out. no matter what way they reward you, the rewards are awesome.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
welcome to my new blog. I have another blog that I post very random things on so I decided to make one just for my GPT (GetPaidTo) things. so here you find yourself. what will I be posting? well, it will be more than just my referral links, I promise. since I am always answering questions from friends on offers and the like, I plan on posting tips and tricks that I have found while using these types of sites. this year alone I've made over $2,000 in gift cards and paypal money. true, it's not as much as a real job but I'm making all this while sitting at home with my four, soon to be five children. I'll talk about promotions that the different sites are doing, new sites that I may find and pretty much any relevant information I can think of regarding my beloved GPT sites. I'm also a huge fan of freebies and free samples so some of those may be slapped in here as well because I'm all about helping people to get things for free and make the free money. true, it will cost you your time but that's all it has to cost you! I don't use every site out there because frankly there are some I am not a fan of for one reason or another and I just simply do not have the time nor the energy to do that. so, to include other sites I may ask friends of mine to do a guest blog about those. so that's that. this blog I hope will be a blessing to others.