IGC

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

setting goals

for me personally to make the best of the GPT life I set goals.  sometimes it's a daily goal.  sometimes it's determined by a certain amount needed or wanted by a certain time.  sometimes it's something else.  I always have some goal that I'm working towards or with the way I work, working to surpass.  I don't stop when I hit my goal, I try to hit my goal and go beyond it!

currently my goal is $3 a day across all my sites.  this is very easily achieved for me so I made it $3 a day across the sites I use to get amazon money.  I need to make that much to be able to make a diaper purchase before the baby arrives.  I also try to make at least .50 a day on the sites I use for paypal.  there are days I don't make that goal but there are other days where I crush it.

so you're thinking along the lines of $3 a day not being much.  well, when you think about an entire year, it's not really chump change either.  if I make $3 a day for amazon every day this year (I won't because of a hospital stay and recovery after having a baby), I will have made $1095 at the end of the year.  now let's talk about the .50 a day for paypal.  again, that sounds like nothing.  but in a year it's $182.50.  no, it's not a life changing amount but it pays for netflix and a little extra here and there.  so it's worth it!

so do you have a goal for your earnings on GPT sites?  maybe you want to work towards getting a kindle fire?  or maybe you want all your holiday shopping done for free.  it can happen and setting a goal, even a roundabout goal, can help you get there!

maybe you're not a goal setter.  maybe you're not sure how to go about it.  well here's how I figure out my goals.

I need $50 in three weeks.  so I divide $50 by 20 days (one day shy to give me wiggle room).  that means I need to make $2.50 a day for 20 days.  easy as pie.  now you want a long term goal?  how about you want $750 by december.  here's my figuring for that one.  divide your wanted amount, in this case $750 by 300 days (10 months at 30 days average) to get your daily needs.  again it worked out to $2.50 a day.  couldn't you use an extra $750 for holiday shopping?  yeah, I thought so!  of course that amount does not take in to consideration anything being used for the entire time so if you have other things you want between now and then you need to figure all that in too.

bottom line is that goals can be helpful.  it helps you to see that at the end of a set period of time you will have something substantial, not just a few bucks.  of course your goal might be to make $5 a month and that's okay!  just get a goal and get to making that goal a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment